An important question for those who, despite trying diet after diet, still struggle with their weight:
What's the only difference between struggling through yet another self-depriving diet that doesn't work or last...
... and becoming naturally thin, healthy, and full of energy for many years to come?
I almost gave up.....
and then I just got PISSED.
Using my biochemistry and medical background, I started researching... and researching... and experimenting on myself.... and researching more...
I threw out everything I was told and all the old diet myths and arguing "gurus."
I started over going directly to the latest studies and research. What we know NOW, not the stuff from 60 years ago.
Honestly I probably went a little crazy on this little project of mine...
But 300 hours of research later:
I was two sizes smaller, stronger than ever, and confident again.
I dug through cognitive behavioral therapy, nutrition science, mindset work, life coaching.... everything I could find, going right to the source and vetting each study one by one to get at what really mattered, and what was misdirecting fluff and flawed conclusions.
I discovered that food mattered, of course.... but something else extremely important I was missing before... that everyone was missing:
That I was going about the whole thing from the wrong perspective:
I didn't need another diet, or the "right" food or supplement...
... I needed a lifestyle shift that I could sustain.
That got my hormones back in balance, my insulin down, and a way to shift my thoughts and old patterns so I wasn't a slave to my cravings and old habits anymore.
But it wasn't just me… people like….
- Brandon, at age 42, having tried every diet in the book, and already running 5-7miles 5 times a week, found herself 190 pounds, frustrated, ashamed, tired, and giving up. And dropped 22 pounds, started sleeping better, and was able to get back fully into her passion of backcountry skiing.
- Nancy, at 62, obsessively stuffed herself with carb-laden foods every afternoon to get by, and felt terrible about it every time she did. In 2 weeks she had control again, and by 4 weeks was wanting to exercise again and already found her pants looser.
- Cathy, a dietician, a personal trainer, and a marathoner, thought she ”knew what to do." But had her blood sugar dropping every couple of hours, and had to eat reflexively just to keep going. She was able shift it entirely and go 7-8 hours between meals, feeling full, with no crashes, better mood, and stopped obsessing about food. Plus, she was sleeping better!
- Katie had two kids and was an emergency nurse. Hungry all the time, up more than 25 pounds, and worrying about keeping up with her kids or getting on the bike... she tried all of the diets with no long term success. Katie dropped 20 pounds and just sent me a link to her new favorite High Intensity Training workout app. I don't think she's having trouble keeping up anymore!
My weight has fluctuated 10 to 20 pounds over my ideal weight over my whole adult life. After reaching 18 pounds over, I started the Wholist Weight Management Program. Heather’s scientific food approach (along with her common sense, humor, down-to-earth, and gentle and kind spirit) has opened the door to a healthy and lifelong approach to eating.
This healthier eating has now become my new habit! Overall, I feel so much better; pants are looser, the bloating feeling in my gut is gone, I am finally in control of what I eat, not the other way around, which is a miracle!
For 12 years, since menopause, I have not slept well. I can only attribute my newfound sleepful nights to this program. And I am 12 pounds lighter!
- Adora M, WholeYou Weight Wellness client
Plus all the Health Benefits that Come with it
- It has been proven that the dietary changes that you will learn in this program can reverse and prevent coronary artery disease, prevent a handful of common cancers like breast and colon cancer, reverse and prevent diabetes, lower cholesterol levels, improve sleep and exercise and performance.
- The mindfulness and mindset work we do has been proven to diminish mood disorders, improve energy and cognition, and decrease negative habits and stress.
- Therapeutic lifestyle changes can directly prevent all ten of the top killers in our society.
- Even more, studies have shown that guidance with prescriptive, specific, measurable, achievable, time allotted by specialists and multidisciplinary teams do absolutely improve adherence and results. In other words - unlike all those times you’ve tried to do this on your own, you can actually get results with the specific methods used by our coaches.
Designed to Help You Lose 8-10% Body Weight in 12 Weeks*... and Keep it Off
A permanent lifestyle shift that has you losing weight, sleeping better, having greater focus for your family, life, and work, and improving your health in the process.
Wholist has truly changed my whole mindset about food and health - and I can't recommend it enough. It saddens me to think of all the years I spent trying to diet, lose weight, and be healthier with all the WRONG information and not a shred of evidence to explain why I was torturing my body and mind.
Mainstream advice for weight loss only sets us up to fail and then blame ourselves! The SCIENCE behind Dr. H's methods is truly revolutionary and so much easier to adapt into a "lifestyle change" than any diet I've ever tried.
I've lost more weight, more easily, than I ever have before and I don't feel deprived or that I'm longing for off-limits foods. While losing weight was my primary goal, I so appreciate the chance to work on changing the way I think about so many things in my life. I can't thank Dr. H enough for how her program has affected my waistline and my overall physical and mental health."
Wholist has helped me re-evaluate my relationship with food... not just what I eat, but when I eat and why I eat. I have learned why my body needs the foods it does when it needs them, and how to use food as fuel rather than entertainment or false enjoyment. I love to eat, and I love to cook. That hasn't changed, but now I have the tools to do so in a way that benefits my long term heath and well being.
The education, coaching and guidance is direct, yet without a single shred of shaming or guilt. The WHOLIST health program is designed to help recalibrate what we know about healthy lifestyle choices.
In this new year I wanted to gift myself with a completely different framework of thinking that would aid me in shedding more than just body weight!
After only 10 days I cannot believe the difference in my eating patterns (never hungry), my sleep habits (yay to a full nights' sleep), and how much more focused I am with my work responsibilities.
Yes, my waistline is benefitting from this program, but the big surprise I did not imagine when I started, was how much my brain would improve.
No lie-- it's all connected and Dr. Heather's daily messages and weekly coaching makes it easy to stay on track with better choices and revised thinking about those choices!
At the core of Weight Wellness is...
The 6 Weight Wellness Lifestyle Enhancers
Automatic lifestyle habits and skills to overcome the most common obstacles to permanent weight loss and a healthier life you can feel.
Get all 6 Weight Wellness Lifestyle Enhancers implemented in your life with the WholeYou™ Lifestyle Transformation System step by tiny step
Plus ways to customize your protocol, and ways to add on additional needs and goals, from fitness to lifestyle medicine consults with a physician.
Bite-Size, Ultra-Convenient Steps
Working with Our Biology Instead of Against it
Mindset Shifts and Habit Building
Accountability and Support
Bring on the Wins!
When you join, you'll get a community with you and your
WholeYou Weight Wellness Group Coach
Every single one of our coaches meet all of these high expectations to become a WholeYou Weight Wellness Coach.
- They are practicing and licensed healthcare practitioners - such as doctors, nurses, dietitians
- They have the right qualities that make a really good and effective coach - like the ability to enable you to make your own decisions, and then hold you accountable, kindly but firmly. And the ability to allow open honest dialogue about deep nested relationship and body issues.
- They need to have direct experience in the kinds of challenges you face every day
- They need to be immersed in our Weight Wellness approach and have gone through it themselves. So they have a depth of experience to help you through any challenge and situation.
- They need to understand the psychological aspects of what you are trying to accomplish, not just the mechanical ones. So they can guide you through even those messy problems you haven't been able to figure out what to do about.
Questions others like you have asked before
saying "YES!" to life-long Weight Wellness:
So who is perfect for and gets the most out of WholeYou Weight Wellness?
So here's the qualities of people who have been able to follow through and get results from this program:
- You're open to discovering something new that will shatter some old diet myths, and will actually make things easier and more enjoyable so you aren't miserable the whole time waiting for it to be over.
- You want to eat healthy, delicious real food you choose, not tasteless manufactured "diet" food or a restrictive, approved food list that doesn't fit your lifestyle or preferences.
- You see how your weight and eating habits are affecting everything in your life - how you feel, how you look, your confidence, your energy, even your sleep.
- You want to take things one step at a time. In fact, you prefer it to being overloaded and overwhelmed right out of the gate and crashing hard (like you might have before.. no judgements here!).
- You love the idea of having someone you can reach out to for help, questions, advice, or just a little motivation so you don't drop out.
- You're crazy busy, and haven't managed to follow through on diets before.
- You've had enough of yo-yoing and never getting anywhere with your diets or healthy habits or huge amounts of exercise.
The knowledge and empowerment to take control over my health and eating choices has been remarkable. The science behind the info provided by Dr. Hammerstedt is easy to comprehend and is never offered with judgement or in a patronizing way.
There is so much more info and "touch" in this program than I ever imagined when I signed up to participate.
I was worried that I couldn't fully use all of it because of my busy life ( true for all, right?) But the real kicker here, is that because she integrates all the available technology, it actually makes it easy to use. I can tap into it whenever it fits my schedule and needs.
Feeling weak and want to grab sugary/salty snacks? Listen to her message about WHY your body is doing that and make a better choice.
Too rushed to hear a full podcast when you first wake up? Save it for your drive to work.
- WholeYou Weight Wellness client
Finally achieve permanent weight loss, while boosting health and energy...
Join WholeYou Weight Wellness
Or join with three monthly payments of $549
We start on the first monday of the month.
Now you have two options... you can continue as you have been with diet after diet, struggling ever to lose weight while dumping more money and years of your life down the toilet...
Or you can create a shift in your life that lasts a lifetime by creating the naturally thin, healthy, and energized Weight Wellness lifestyle.
The choice is yours...
Join the Weight Wellness
Get the full Weight Wellness group coaching program including:
- 12 weeks of group coaching with your medically trained WholeYou Weight Wellness coach
- A community of support from those going through the program with you
- The WholeYou™ Lifestyle Transformation System™ and all 7 Weight Wellness Enhancers
Starts on the first Monday of the month, so sign up today!
-- OR --
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the weight wellness Lifestyle Transformation System program content, including those Weight Wellness Enhancers?
You will get a text to your mobile device every morning with a link to the day's weight science/mindset podcast as well as a document. At midday, you will get a support text and a quick daily assignment. In the evening, you will get a text with a success tip.
Additionally, you will have access to a client portal on the website that will have all of this information available for you, if and when you need it.
How do the coaching sessions work?
You'll join your fellow Weight Wellness participants on a live group coaching call, which will be recording in case you can't make it.
There will be time to recognize successes, address struggles and obstacles, and learn from each other as you go through the same journey together.
What is the difference between the group Weight Wellness program and the personal and mindset Weight Wellness program?
With the personal coaching and mindset program you get access to all of the standard weight wellness program benefits, but you get your own personal coach AND an additional mindset coach focused ONLY on mindset work.
You still get all of the standard program, texts/podcasts/documents and your personal weight coach, but you also get to choose a coach that will work with you on LIFE's issues that are getting in the way of making healthy choices toward food and work and family and more.
After you purchase, you will be able to choose a your mindset coach - either a Brene Brown-trained physician life coach, a physician meditation guide, or a clinical hypnotherapist.
Dr Hammerstedt believes EVERYONE should have a support guide/therapist like this, especially around a life transformation as big as this. Why? Because this process brings up deep issues for most people that need to be worked through.... and we all know the weight isn't just about food.
See the Our Team section for who our coaches are. In the standard stellar weight wellness program, you have one of the weight wellness coaches just for you.
Do you prescribe medicine?
No. While some of the coaches are physicians, they are not prescribing medicines or practicing medicine. They are functioning as coaches only.
What does a health coach do?
A health coach can be defined as helping patients gain the knowledge, skills, tools, and confidence to become active participants so that they can reach their self-identified health goals.
Health and wellness coaches help clients make positive and lasting changes to their health. The coach guides clients through the process of creating a vision for their health and well-being, developing a healthy mindset and healthy habits, and encouraging them every step of the way until they accomplish their goals.
Health coaches may provide advice and support for the choices and decisions you make but will not be giving you specific instructions beyond their scope.
I love to cook and love food, are you going to tell me I can't eat?
LOL no! We love food as much as you do!
We are going to learn together how to love it even more, because it will still taste great and keep you satisfied - but you'll know it is working for you and your goals, not against you.
What diet are you going to put me on?
We aren't going on a diet! Diets don't work, we all know that, but no one wants to admit it.
What we are going to do is eat real whole food, not products, that tastes good, at times that research supports the improvement of your metabolic digestion and weight loss.
Do you make meal plans for me?
Lifestyle medicine and psychology research clearly demonstrates that sustainable behavioral change only happens with active engagement, not by passive consumption.
If we just told you what to eat and when, of course you would lose weight, but what happens when the program is over? Same thing that happened every time you've tried to lose weight, it would come right back.
So we are taking the reality of your life and figuring out together how to make meaningful change even when it is hard.
That means how to plan, how to shop, what to buy, where to buy it, when to cook it, how to store it, what you don't like, how to incorporate kids/spouse/work, how to talk yourself through the hard times, how to create patterns of choices, how to eat at restaurants, how to travel, how to bounce back after less than ideal choices, what to do when you forget, how to choose the best of bad options, etc etc etc.
What else would I need to buy?
We strongly recommend a fitbit Aria2 wireless scale, as this will integrate directly into your client chart in our virtual clinic. We also would recommend a fitbit activity tracker, if you are apt to wear it, as it will also integrate.
There will be a food journal app, the free version is just fine, but the premium one is better, but the cost is nominal. Otherwise, you will only be purchasing your own food.
What is the goal of the weight wellness program?
Wholist's main mission is to help you curate your health future in the context of your life.
You know your life, your obstacles, your work, your family, your schedule.
We have curated the literature and science and information and tips, as well as your coaches, to empower you to make sustainable lifestyle and lifetime changes that work for specifically for you.
If your goal is to lose weight, you will lose weight. If your goal is to make healthier food choices (physically healthy, emotionally healthy), you will do it. If you want be less dependent (addicted) to food, you will do it. If you don't know what you want or need, we will help you determine and meet your goals.
Our philosophy is that YOU are valuable, your life is the only one you have, your body is the only one you have, and that you deserve the most up to date, evidence based nutrition and lifestyle information to make your life and body the best they can be.
How long is the weight wellness program?
Your program will start on the Monday after you sign up, and will be ongoing for 12 weeks, with the option to continue if you desire.
*Individual experiences differ. No medical promises are made, all results are based on our coaches guiding your own work - no magic pills here, just real food, real mindset shift, and lifestyle coaching.